Labels

Saturday, September 17, 2022

SCM: My experience with a man of word, administrator and motivator

         A proverb has been roaring the place where I am coming from, ‘The footprints of the future will be ahead, not behind because the future is like sand that casts no sign of past, but a pathway to the lessons.’

Me and my first boss at ANI, photo snapped by a staff photojournalist Rahul Singh on Rakshabandhan, 2022

    These lessons started accommodating during my short journey in the ANI photo division that get enriched by the trail when I preferred to be snapped with my current boss for the first time on Rakshabandhan because he has been a desirable motivation for me.

        In his experienced hands, the photo division is getting recognition by the publication of the pictures in the front pages of newspapers regularly, and the department is touching the new and newer peak each and every day from its beginning. There is no doubt.

        His name is not uncommon to the Indian photojournalists, and he is paid attention in this field as Subhash Chandra Malhotra, former head of PTI photo and current head of ANI photo division.

       He is too old to work, but it is only his passion and dedication that keep him motivated even at the age of 75. He is accustomed to come office steadily and to work for almost 6 to 7 hours, and sometimes on the special occasion, he does it for more than 8 hours. 

        He does not take any leave except a weekly off on Sundays. If I compare with him, I find myself far beyond in this context with a habit of taking 2-3 extra leaves in a month rather than weekly offs. And, I think, these qualities of him ought to be a motivation for everyone.

       His devotion towards work has not been faded off by ageing factors. He, again and again, has been proving the well-versed line ‘Age is just a number.’ He utilises his experiences to manage the team and has been displaying skills administering the department.  

Me and my first boss at ANI, photo snapped by a staff photojournalist Rahul Singh on Rakshabandhan, 2022

        His communication skills are fabulous except the rarest of the rare examples of age-motivated shouting on employees. Initially, his nature of shouting hurts the employees, but over the time they start taking it as learning, and keep their first step of being familiar to this circumstances. No doubt, he is virtuous by heart, and almost everyone loves him.

        Even after that, I find myself unfamiliar to the work culture of photo division. If I compel to teach me that it is my inopportune moment and one day a light will come and cover the darkness of what-I-am-doing by what-I-wish-to, I find nothing except an unlucky moment and a thought of being denied. It has probably become my destiny enjoying the instances of rejection. 

       It’s all, and in this regard, my friend, psychiatrist, always feels comfort to say, “it’s your dark phase of life, and a good is waiting. All doors are open for you after being denied for one and two.” But, it is nothing to me except a laughing stock, and half an hour of communication with her ends with the last sip of coffee at CCD. 

        Peddling many steps through several ways of potential, behaviour, attitude and professionalism of colleagues, I draw a set of conclusions, but I don’t feel free to comment on these at now.

        At moment, I can remember only one line said to me by my first boss: you have lots to learn! And, I take it as a learning of professionalism because learning is an everyday process.

         Slowly-slowly, I have completed one and half year in the department and it happened because of him, as I believe, and with an approach of developing the level of patience with colleagues of different particularity. 


Mood- Peaceful😉😉


Remark- Complete your work hour, go home, indulge in constructive work, read books and avoid the colleagues, do justice to your work and learn new skills in your leisure time and one day a person will be at the right place because talent and skills are worshiped.

No comments:

Post a Comment