Labels

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Diwali: Festival of happiness and joy

        It were a joyous moment, if I spent time with my family members for the celebration of the Diwali, but I again found myself unfortunate. The gap followed its previous trend, increased again, due to the unconditionality of life journey. Someone said that this life journey holds lots which is required to be grown like lone wolf.

        What lies in the future, let the time decide! But, what we should do at the moment, do it accordingly. After lighting candles in my room and cleaning the book shelf as part of a little celebrations, I got nothing to perform more and managed to come out on the streets of Delhi in pursuit of observing other’s celebrations. 

Homeless people seen sleeping under the shed of the metro station in North-East Delhi on Monday. (Photo by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

        Initially, each and every step was experienced nothing except a sense of boredom until I reached near the metro station where homeless people and beggars were sleeping under the shed of the station in the intense noise of firecrackers. There were no candles and light decorative for the celebrations. Perhaps they could not afford firecrackers and in the arena of this festival of joy, they preferred sleeping. 

Homeless kids celebrating the Diwali festival in North-East Delhi on Monday. (Photo by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

        At some distance, I watched their kids lighting the firecrackers in their own style celebrating the festival of light and happiness. Their clothes were not up to the mark and even they did not take shower, but they were happy torching a ‘Ghirani’. 

Homeless kids celebrating the Diwali festival in North-East Delhi on Monday. (Photo by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

        It is actually the power of festival that provides a way for all to be happy, and those kids had found the aura of joy even in disadvantageous condition. My halt at that spot curates a layer of satisfaction and compels me to find out a path to be happy like them. 

        The decorated street, people wearing new clothes celebrating the festival, firecrackers that haunting the ears, and women and girls in new look as the centre of attraction were the indication of celebrations performed by an advantageous section of society. I witnessed a far difference between the previous celebrations and this one. People at the both places were in jubilant mood, but my direction was a mile away from it. 

Diwali celebrations in North-East Delhi on Monday. (Photo by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

        It is only Diwali festival that, I think per year, I should be with my family for celebrating this beautiful moment. I always remain alone after 2010. When the wait will end, I don’t know, but whenever it ends, it will be a big fanfare.

        I kept on walking quietly on an overbridge when the people in large were busy in celebrations. A flow of thoughts had occupied my mind, and I picked out a marvellous conclusion from that flow with the poetry of ‘Kunwar Narain'.

“दुर्गम वनों और ऊँचे पर्वतों को जीतते हुए 

जब तुम अंतिम ऊँचाई को भी जीत लोगे— 

जब तुम्हें लगेगा कि कोई अंतर नहीं बचा अब 

तुममें और उन पत्थरों की कठोरता में 

जिन्हें तुमने जीता है— 

जब तुम अपने मस्तक पर बर्फ़ का पहला तूफ़ान झेलोगे 

और काँपोगे नहीं— 

तब तुम पाओगे कि कोई फ़र्क़ नहीं 

सब कुछ जीत लेने में 

और अंत तक हिम्मत न हारने में।

“Having conquered the inaccessible woods and high mountains, when we'd vanquish even the pinnacle, and believe that there is no difference at all in us and in the hardness of conquered stones.

When we encounter the first snowstorm on our head and will not quiver, then we'll realize that there's no contrast between in winning the all and in not giving up until we reach.”

No comments:

Post a Comment