Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2022

My Diary: An hour at Coffee Cafe Day

       I reached to a point ‘no one was familiar to me’ after observing initial 10 minutes at Coffee Cafe Day. Everyone was in pair and enjoying the table.

Coffee Cafe Day at Connaught Place, in New Delhi, in Nov. 2021. (Pic by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

       If I ignore the colour, I get no difference in girls' hair style. These all are silky and probably they get the look after visiting Spa parlours. And, I try to create a mimic, that is: they all are holding bilateral talking in their tables.

       Suddenly, I witness a girl of almost 25 approached to a table. She is at least single at the cafe. She is just opposite to me and incidentally her hair was silky too. Her eyes were not as Chamaleon, but similar to me.

        My order of one smoked chicken with a cup of caffe mocha takes space on my table. I just take a sip of coffee with the sound of srrrrr..., the girl, sitting opposite to me, passes her attention. With every sip, she is becoming nearer and nearer to me in her conscious as I was assuming. 

      

       After drinking almost half of the cup, I waves my hand to her as an invitation to share my table. Following an initial hesitation, she joins me for half an hour.

   

       I have no word to say. But, I break muteness and offer her my dish. She says, "No, thank you."

       After a pause, she asks me a question that when you have waved to a girl last time as you did today? 

       I never did before, "I reply" and reverts that when you have observed a boy taking a sip of coffee last time?

She only smiles and starts a formal conversation. 

What do you do? I stop her politely and say I'll answer your all questions but after you. What do you do?

She says, "I am assigned with a bank as manager, and you?


        I am a failure in achieving my primary goal that is frustrating to me. Currently, I am working unwillingly for a media company. Before joining the company, I was depressed and almost a step away attempting suicide. It was my self confidence that ironed my feet and motivated me to go hand-in-hand with fate and with a hope of becoming dawn after the darkest night. 


        My mind hints me why I am telling her and ask her as a question.


        She again smiles and tells that this is a story almost similar to me with a difference of attempting suicide. 


        She finishes her coffee and I too. I along with her hesitate to leave the table. She is about to ask my contact number and I too. But, no one dares.


        Cafe is full of couples and noises mark its peak, but my table occupied with her experience pin drop silence. My eyes are in contact with her for almost 50 seconds. Distance between me and her is in inches. Lips are touching their intensity. She is almost ready and I have no hesitation. But, her single blink breaks the flow of energy developing instant love.


        I stand up and she too. I steps out of the cafe and she almost follows me. She says good bye and I too. I board a metro to my destination and look at her seeing off. There is no exchange of number and an hour at the Coffee Cafe Day becomes only a memory for me and her too without exchanging number and a promise to meet again together.


(Originally written in Nov. 2021.)

No comments:

Post a Comment