Labels

Sunday, January 1, 2023

My Diary: Whenever I feel sad, I opt riding metro

        Metros are neck-packed with young to old men and women going their workplaces. They are in an unconditional race that will never end. They are running it with depressed and frustrated faces. They run carrying burden of their family and social responsibility. They also run to get hand-on experience to achieve bigger. Those who are running this race of life, it is believed, many of them are only participants and hold no euphoria to win or loose.

       People running this race are supposed to be not financially capable of taking private ride. It has become a social consensus in India for those using public transport that they are struggling in their life sphere however car pooling and riding public transport are becoming an overwhelmed mean to eradicate the air pollution. 


       I am also a participant of this race. Peddling my first step in the race provides me an opportunity to watch the faces of beauty with the depressed face during office hour. On Thursday, Dec. 29, 2022, it was such a day. I was getting bored and decided to wander the city. I visit Sarojini Nagar, a marketplace for women in Delhi, where clothes are sold at cheaper prices. It was overcrowded in noon but in the morning I could walk freely the market. 


A low footfall of customers at Sarojini Nagar market on Thursday Morning, Dec. 29, 2022, in the National Capital. (Pic by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

      The reason behind visiting this market was my two-year experience of seeing the metro train vacant at this station when I went my previous office by this way. It happened per day. People got off the train in large especially women to visit the market. And, I felt relief after Sarojini Nagar station and I wished to go there getting only a glimpse of the place. On that particular day, I managed to go to the place. It actually haunted me. It was neck-packed and no one was there bare-handed, everyone had purchased something. It was actually a good marketplace for them that provides an option to purchase clothes at minimal price. 


       After some time, I again rode a metro. It was also packed with people. Men and women were riding in same situation. There was no partiality. Young women in colourful hair were the centre of attraction for many. They were alluring points among the commuters. But, my point is different, girls having long hair have always been gravitating me. 


       I passed more than 2 hours in metro visiting from one station to another. It felt me comfort seeing people who are less opportune and disadvantageous than me. Many of them are struggling, I am too. One of my acquainted satirically said, ''Girls of Sarojini Nagar pretend themselves as the girls of South Delhi."


Last selfie of 2022 on the last day of the year during a metro ride coming back room at 10:45 on Saturday Night, Dec. 31, 2022 in Delhi. (Pic by R. Suresh Bhardwaj)

      My trip became over. I sat in my room remembering Mahatma Gandhi's Talisman,''Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man [woman] whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him [her]. Will he [she] gain anything by it? Will it restore him [her] to a control over his [her] own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to swaraj [freedom] for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."


Mood- Relieved. 😌😌

No comments:

Post a Comment